How to Make a YouTube Banner - 2021 Canva Tutorial | JT Designs
How to make a YouTube Banner in 2021 in Canva for FREE
This tutorial will take you step by step on how to create a YouTube Channel Banner that is responsive and optimized on any viewing device, like a desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
1. Navigate to Canva and create a free account.
2. Search Canva for YouTube Channel Art and tons of premade templates will appear.
3. I chose to begin with a template, but change and delete elements to make it my own and optimize it for any viewing screens.
The smaller the viewing screen on the device, the more the right and left edges of your image will be cut off.
YouTube allows for links to be added to your channel banner, but will only be visible on the desktop version. We want to draw attention to this area and put a call to action for this area.
4. Download your design from Canva as a PNG or a JPG and upload to your YouTube Channel.
5. Log into your YouTube Channel and hover over the banner image, clicking on the camera icon in the upper right hand corner which will open the Channel Customization page.
6. Scroll down to the Banner Image section and click Change.
7. Select your downloaded banner image from Canva and click Open. This will then show you a preview of what your new banner image will look like on different screens and what portions will be cut off depending on the device.
8. Select Done and enjoy your new YouTube Channel Banner Art!
If you have any inquires or would like a custom YouTube banner image created, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out my other social media channels to stay up to date: